Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jen Jen's Birthday

It's birthday time!

I wanted to do something different, so I decided on a waffle bar for dinner.  The toppings included strawberries, blueberries, bananas, whipped cream, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, sprinkles, granola, peanut butter, honey, caramel, chocolate and maple syrup.  I was afraid someone might go into a diabetic coma.  

We also had yogurt parfaits.  Yum!

Chocolate milk tastes better in a fancy glass!

My one kiss per year.

Anna and I are 20 years in age difference.  We are still as close as cousins should be.  I accidentally call her my niece all the time.

This guy has been there from day one.  Thirty six years and counting.

I am concentrating deeply on my birthday wish.  Turns out, it came true...  no school the next day!

I am going to see Imagine Dragons!

Have a "niece" day!

Love my new bag!

Smells so good!

Matt wrote me a poem to go with my gift!


We ate our meal using the Fostoria crystal.  The pieces belonged to my Great-Great Aunt Clara.  She didn't have any children, so her niece (my grandmother Mary Ruth) inherited them.  They became mother's and now mine.  It makes me feel close to the women who knew the right way to present a meal. 

Love this picture.  The window came out of Papa's childhood home in Highland.  Thanks to Starr for refinishing it for me!

No comments: