I haven't blogged since December, so this will be a long post. Annie's 8th birthday started things off.
The theme was Annie's favorite...Zebra!
Annie got her first scrapbook and pages with stickers to enter in the fair.
She also got some space boots and other fun toys.
Aven keeps things under control on the ground level.
Three generations.
Larry was next on the train.
Cathy made the hats (and some amazing cole slaw)- she's so clever.
Love this picture!
Paula has a tall order to keep these two boys in line.
Larry got these old framed lenses for his big day.
Anna makes the sweetest cards.
Good advice on the frame: Don't whine, be grateful, use kind words...
Jen's day was on a Saturday with Subs.
Matt came through with another dozen roses and Snickers Cheesecake from Julia's.
This is our newest neighborhood watchdog. "Honey" came over to wish me a happy birthday. How can you not love a face like that?
These are the people to call when you need help blowing out candles.
This is my "yes" face. I just opened my gift - a new compost bin! Ultimate recycling.
Jake was recovering from his accident. He was hit by a car and had several stitches, but is happy to be alive.
We took advantage of an unusally beautiful February afternoon to get outside.
My girl.
The family plays horseshoes for entertainment.
We also climbed a tree that Justin and I used to climb when we were little. It's harder to climb them when you get older.
These two are pretty big buddies. Jake just loves to be petted.
I think I understand where the term "dog pile" came from.
Matt brought the jumpy tent for the kids.
Guess who's next? It's dad in case you don't recognize him with his disguise.
61 candles to be exact. (or was it 19?)
We took turns with the mustaches.
Funny!
Larry, Moe, and Curly
nice...
Insert funny caption here.
We made the polar bear plunge an annual event by jumping in the pool (again).
This time the air temperature was a little warmer, but the water was still COLD!
We added a new member (Anna). She was brave and took it like a man (I mean girl).
Dylan's 18th birthday was today. I scattered pictures from his childhood all over the table to remember our time with him so far.
These two threw some ball in the front yard for old time's sake.
The menu isn't hard to figure out. It's "Dylan's Favorite Chicken Pot Pie".
I usually make a themed cake, but this year was all about the number.
Everyone wrote a note to Dylan about turning 18. Some were serious about growing up and becoming a man. Others were just plain adorable!
Making a wish...
...and blowing them out.
Aven has the hang of this!
I filled up a 2 liter with candy and money.
Dylan's card has the words from a song that I sang to him when he was little. It's a James Taylor lullaby called "You Can Close Your Eyes". The lyrics are "Well the sun is slowly sinking down, but the moon is surely rising, so this old world must still be spinning round, and I still love you. So close your eyes. You can close your eyes, It's alright. I don't know no love songs, and I can't sing the blues anymore. But, I can sing this song, and you can sing this song when I'm gone." It gets me every time.
Never too old for Papa's lap.
No comments:
Post a Comment