Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

We began dad's birthday night with a little excitement.  While I thought everyone was gathered at the school board meeting to watch mom get an award, the tables were turned. 

Without knowing it, I was there to receive the Warren County School System
"Employee of the Month" award. 

The education field was not exactly uncharted territory when it came to my career choice.  I decided to follow in some really big footsteps.  The really neat part is that I get to teach at Morrison where PaPa was principal, and where mom went to school all but one year of her life.

   
This guy had me so fooled.  I have never been so surprised in my whole life!

These were letters from mom's school days, two from basketball and one for cheerleading.  It doesn't surprise me that she still has them, or that they are in perfect shape.

Finally it was time to party!  We headed to mom's house for pizza, ice cream, and dad's favorite "chocolate eruption" cake. 

Easton carries on the tradition of licking the icing off the candles.

Annie is also very helpful when it comes to removing icing from the cake and opening presents.

I try to imagine dad and Tony growing up together and it always makes me laugh.  I bet they were a handful!

Justin turned out alright as well.  

Easton looks so cute in Matt's hat. He put this on and said, "Hi, I'm Matt".

Papa Barry proves that he is still young enough to take on three wrestling monkeys.  It looks like he might have met his match this time. 

Annie tries on Papa's glasses and looks so smart!

Dylan will never be too big for Granny's lap.

I LOVE this picture!  What a fun night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jenn!!
Mike and I are very proud of you and wish we could've been there to celebrate. xo