Congratuations to the 2014 recipients of the Linda King Mathematics Scholarship Award! Kailyn Cantrell is the daughter of Lynn and Marla Cantrell and Kayla Brown is the daughter of Jamie and Lucretia Brown. Both of their mothers are math teachers today because of our mother. The girls both work in the photography department at the fair entering pictures and learned the procedure from mom. She would love that they are carrying on that tradition. Oh, by the way, did I mention that they want to pursue mathematical degrees? Kailyn wants to be a math teacher and Kayla wants to be a dentist.
Okay, there's more. Kailyn was a student of mine at Morrison. She was in the first class of Algebra I students I taught. Hopefully, something I did helped her along the way. She will be heading to UT Knoxville, and our family wishes her the best of luck!
Anna gives Papa a hug after the show.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the scholarship fund. It makes us so proud to be able to honor mom in such a meaingful way.
No comments:
Post a Comment