Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Mom celebrated her 57th birthday with 14 of her closest relatives. The original plan was to eat at my house, but with such a large crowd, we held the event at her house. Maybe she didn't mind since we had such a great time!
Annie was such a big help and wanted to put the food on the table. How cute!

This is the whole gang seated and ready for a great meal of ham, potatoes, lima beans, rolls, and mom's favorite, sawdust salad.

We all blew bubbles as mom blew out the candles.

Annie's face tells the whole story, "I LOVE CAKE"!

Papa's face also tells the story of a fun conversation at the table. We are so glad that he and Chester could attend.

Anna Banana and I are big buddies. I am glad to have such a sweet cousin!

Easton shows his "thinking face".

Mom got this beautiful arrangement from Matilda Hale along with many cards and money from her "Yo Yo's". She decided this year to send the money they gave to Honduras which will feed a family of six for an entire year!

Dylan and dad are always as thick as thieves. People say that Dylan looks alot like dad... I think they're right.

Here are Dylan's biggest fans. We cherish Dylan, sometimes cripplingly. This kid doesn't have a chance not to be spoiled.

We are glad to have these photo opportunities. Dylan doesn't always hold still for this long. (And neither does dad.)

Larry and the kids are big fans of mom. She is like their grandmother and aunt at the same time. We spent last Saturday at the movies in Murfreesboro watching Michael Jackson's "This is It". They are always fun to hang out with!

At the last minute, I picked up some glow sticks to spice up the party. I had no idea what a big hit they would be.

Everyone had their own idea for a great picture...Here's Dylan's...

...This is Easton's...

...This is Anna (notice one of the loops flew off at the last minute).

I don't know who this is!

Grant arranged the sticks to spell out his happy birthday wish for mom.

No comments: