Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Goodbye Westwood Bridge

We spent some time saying goodbye to the old Westwood Bridge yesterday. The bridge is scheduled to close on Monday and will be completely demolished.
Matt remembered riding bikes with his friends across the bridge when he was younger.

The "dare devils" lean over to get a good picture while avoiding traffic.
We're still in love. :)

I had to settle for this picture since Matt wouldn't let me sit on the edge near the water.

We did race over to the other side to get a picture of the river in the background though.

I LOVE this picture of Anna.

Fortunately, the wood is still strong enough to hold us.

Some things, like bridges, you expect to be there forever. I am the kind of person who doesn't want things to change. I like things that are familiar and comfortable. We have been driving over this bridge to get to church for as long as I can remember so I'm really glad to have these pictures.

No comments: