
Mom, Justin, Stephenie, Annie, Easton, and I made the pilgrimage to Walt Disney World just a few weeks ago. There are so many things we did on this trip that I will never forget. Some of the best moments were had during the drive and in those "down time" moments. This was the first vacation Justin and I have been on together since we were children and, for some reason, mom was surprised that she didn't have to pull the car over and separate the two of us. I won't soon forget seeing my mother crammed into the backseat of my car, feeding the birds cheetos from the hotel balcony, the weird music from the water parade, hearing Easton say "choo" every time he heard the monorail come through the hotel just as excited as the first time he saw it, Annie watching the parade when Cinderella blew her a kiss and Minnie Mouse waved to her, Stephenie being prepared for anything, or seeing Justin be a goofy dad on this trip. (See the hat?)

One of the neatest events was watching the space shuttle take off from our hotel parking lot.

Our vacation began with the kids' first trip to the ocean.

I love this picture of Justin and Annie!

Easton absolutely loved the ocean! You can see that we were all soaked by the time we left, but it was so much fun!

I love this picture of Easton's first sight of the ocean.

The Magic Kingdom is a great place to visit. I have been there three times in my life and every trip is the same, but still very different. Watching Annie and Easton see it for the first time was really neat.

We were welcomed by Mickey and Minnie themselves in a parade.

We had a great time watching 3D movies...

...flying on Dumbo the Elephant...

...spinning in the teacups...

...and riding the horses!

There was a great parade at night where we saw Minnie and Mickey again.


It was followed by a wonderful fireworks show.

Of course, our trip would not be complete without Mickey Mouse ice cream.

Our first and last night was spent at Epcot. They also had a great fireworks show on the water. We rode some pretty good roller coasters like Test Track, Soarin', and Mission Earth.

We got to eat breakfast one morning with all of our favorite characters.


Breakfast was DELICIOUS! My favorite thing to eat was the Mickey Mouse waffles.

Annie's favorite character was Minnie Mouse. She is holding a Minnie doll who she dressed just like you see her here.

Animal Kingdom was a park I had never visited before. We rode the roller coaster "Everest" (in the background). I was unaware that we would be going backwards on that ride.

On the jungle safari tour, we saw lots of animals including this elephant.

It was all pretty exhausting!

The kids were taking a minute to catch up on some much needed rest.

Annie found Minnie's handprints at Hollywood Studios the next day.

Easton met his favorite cars, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater.

Annie crawled around in the movie set "Honey I Shrunk the Kids".

We also met some of our favorite Playhouse Disney characters!

Annie LOVED meeting Kelly, the Clydesdale horse, at Sea World.

We couldn't describe how much fun the roller coaster "Kraken" was without the picture.

I really had a great time hanging out with Justin's family and mom.

Shamu

Easton loved playing in the sand...

...and splashing in the pool at our hotel!

He also loved the "choo" train that traveled through our hotel. In his hands is a toy choo that he got to take home to remember our trip.

Justin's dream came true when he visited the University of Florida Stadium for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment